Monday, October 13, 2008

Organizing for baby!

Don't get me wrong I know what some of you are thinking... "You know you are only 9 weeks and some change! You realize you have like 9 more months to get organized?" I understand that BUT I am me and let's face it the sooner it can all get done and organized the happier I'll be (which in translation the happier Chris will be:) So as some of you know getting ready for baby, baby room and baby stuff sometimes brings some emptying this or cleaning out that and for us it is no different.
About a year and a half ago for Chris' birthday gift I turned our third bedroom into Chris' "man" room! He had his own closet, I got all of his sports memorabilia from the basement and got it professionally framed, massage chair, his books and just made it sort of his oasis...



Well needless to say that will be babies room... Sorry honey:)! So disassembling that room, making a new man room in the basement (which means organizing the basement, wow!) and rearranging the office to fit some of the man room stuff, I am seriously exhausted and overwhelmed just thinking about it. Hence the reason why I want to start now so we can relax later; good logic right?? Anyway this past Saturday WE DID IT!... well at least some of it. Babies room/Man room half empty and office is finished!!! Yipee:)

I cannot begin to tell you how much I love sitting here, looking out the windows to the park across the street and just having an organized (I know the word of the day) place to work on the computer, pay bills, whatever. We still have to organize basement and move man room completely down there but there is something about accomplishing one thing that just makes you feel better! So here we are one step closer for baby garcia to join our home:)... can't wait!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Oh I'll bet that feels good! That's a big accomplishment... And the man room belongs in a basement anyway. ;)

Sabrina said...

It definitely took a load off. The basement will be perfect... except the man room will now quadruple in size so I don't know how that happened:):)