"The Shack"
Wow! Is all I really have to say right now. I haven't fully processed what I've read... I had heard so much about it BUT honestly so little about it at the same time. I just knew that it was a "must read" but woah I wasn't quite expecting THAT!
Did I like it? Yes
Do I still have tons more to process in my brain? Yes
Do I want to write more later? Definitely Yes
What are your thoughts after reading it?
6 comments:
Loved that book, very powerful no matter where you are in life.
OH Hi:)... I agree. I really did enjoy it and I feel like I have so much to say about it but not the words, does that make sense? But you're right incredibly powerful. I want to go back and just sort of highlight some things that were more powerful than others. Thanks:)
It's so funny that you happened to mention that book - I've seen it at the store every time I've gone to purchase another book, and given the name/cover, assumed it was just your average murder/mystery/suspense book, but for some reason it kept jumping out at me. Then people started talking about it at work & only then did I come to find out what it was really about - I have it on my list to read next...So, I'll have to catch up with your discussion later! I just really have a hard time with hearing about the death of a child, and I feel like that might make this a difficult read for me...
PS, and on a completely different note, love the new site's look! :)
Thanks, you're sweet. Yeah it was fun to makeover:)... ok about the book. 1st you should definitely read it Sharri; I think you'll really appreciate it and I'd LOVE to discuss w/ you BUT you are absolutely right in that part of it does have death, child, girl; not easy! to say the least. I had no idea so when I was reading it I was thinking... Thanks alot Nicole & Kristen (friends who recommended it) you know I just had a little one BUT there would be no book or redemption of relationship without it so I lived w/ it:) good luck & fun reading. Tell me the minute you're done!!
I have no idea what you are talking about, but I LOVE the redesign of the blog!!!
hey sar, thanks! Have you never heard of the book? I had heard of it and finally just read it... you should read it. It's crazy but really great to read! Definitely makes you think... A Lot!:)
Post a Comment