SO a neighbor (Cindy; whom I don't know incredibly well) & I ran into each other on a walk the other day, we got to talking and came out that she is going to be a stay at home mom now that her son is here:) anyway she brought up some sort of "moms club" or a way to stay connected with ALL the moms on our street who are now stay at homes or part timers or just had babies.... with all that said I'm gathering ideas of how we can start a moms club?!:)
If you are part of one (and I don't mean mops or bible studies I just mean a bunch of moms usually in your neighborhood that get together) give me some ideas and let me know how yours works. Cindy & I are meeting next Thursday to sort of discuss what our 1st steps are and we're also compiling an email list just to get the word out... that's about all we've got so far:) So I'd love your help... Thanks!
how often do you meet?
how/who started it?
do you meet with the kiddos or without?
what do you typically do?
do you meet at a house? park?
how many woman do you invite? are we talking 20 or like 8?
I'd love your thoughts & ideas, Thanks:)!
6 comments:
I am excited to see what people say about their clubs. I want to start one once baby P arrives.
Hey:) glad to hear you are in TN safely! I know I'm excited too hopefully a few will comment:)... regardless I'm meeting with Cindy next thursday to put our ideas together and then come up with a plan so at the very least I'll post how it goes and maybe it will inspire you and give you some good ideas:) Have you guys found a house? Praying for Baby P!
Yea we have one and I have no idea who started it but it is so great. We get together once a month with all the kids (its kinda crazy if all the kids come) and just rotate homes. So we only ruin one home a month! We send out an email tell where and it usually in the late afternoon because everyone has a different nap and it last about two hours. There are about 9 or 10 moms on the email list but it is rare if everyone can join. Hope that helps!! Have fun
sar that's perfect; thanks!! It just sort of paints a quick picture of how you guys organize it! Thanks again:)
try meetup.com i joined colin's when he was a baby, baby. but since i am president now (don't throw up) we got a lot of inqueries from moms. I would start there.
Thanks ladies, We did get one started and our first meeting is on Monday 9/27 at my house! We are super excited and have already gotten about 10 moms to say they are excited that there is something like this in our neighborhood and they can't wait to come on the 27th!! we just organized all of our thoughts & ideas, started a "google group" invited a bunch of moms and that's all she wrote. So we're hoping to meet once a month or something and then do some fun activities during the holidays, etc... maybe do like a "moms" night out or something. Anyway we're jazzed and so far it's going great. Pray for us on the 27th that we get a good turnout and really our whole goal is just to support each other as neighbors, mommy's and hopefully friends!
Post a Comment