Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Thank You!

So this post is for those of you that are keeping track and have been praying for us to find a "home" church. It has been a brutal process; to say the least and a LONG one at that... well THANK YOU SO MUCH for the prayers & support we have found one!I know this post seems a bit "dramatic" but honestly I have just felt a bit lost, I don't think I realized how lost or for how long until now...
We found an incredible community/family of people in our neighborhood when we moved; we do life together, we do holidays together, we do the good/the bad together it has been INCREDIBLE & a MIRACLE to have found such amazing friendships but there was always something missing....
When we welcomed Emma Grace into our life & world I joined a MOPS group at Calvary Bible Church in Boulder. I basically joined blind by just calling up churches to see if 1. they had a lot of mom's from Erie (where I live) and 2. if it didn't cost to much (this stay at home mom is definitely on a budget:), so with that said the Lord worked his magic and I joined MOPS last fall. I didn't know it at the time but the Lord was leading us there in more ways than one. We now attend Calvary Bible Church at the Erie campus (closer to our house:), I'm on leadership at MOPS and I just joined a weekly "women to women" bible study. So after 5 years of searching we have found a church HOME!! and are SO excited!
**So as a PS to this post I just wanted to rave a bit about a couple of things we did this past week. The last Sunday of the summer they host a "church in the park" and we took over Erie park and had a blast (I posted a few pictures:). Also I mentioned that I joined a bible study; well that kicked off today with a brunch. I felt encouraged & excited about meeting new woman but also reconnecting with the Lord; it was an amazing event. I felt welcomed & loved!
If you could hear my voice, my heart or just see my face you would know that this is a HUGE answer to prayer and that I could not feel more excited, more at home or more complete!
Yay!
Thanks for listening & thanks for praying!

We took over the whole park with a worship service and lots of food & fellowship!

Feeling a bit shy to play with the other kids... mommy didn't mind the extra cuddle time:)! I don't know why I look so serious??:)

Emma Grace over her shyness and playing with the other kiddos:)... Chris sat right in the middle to play with her!

4 comments:

Sharri said...

Yay - I'm so happy for you! I completely, 100% understand, so that just makes me all the more glad for you guys! We were searching around and just nothing seemed to be working out/feeling right, for a variety of reasons. At the time, something just felt missing, but until we found it, we weren't sure what. Finally, by total random coincidence, we found this tiny, brand new start up church, that is amazing, with amazing people & we love it! Feels so at home, and we're connecting & meeting people, getting involved - and that was totally what was missing. We both compeltely missing being involved - having small groups, volunteering, doing worship. We have the most amazing small group ever, every week - all families with young kids around the same age, similar interests, etc - Tommy's doing A/V for services, I'm ont he Events and Children's Ministry teams (no students for student minisitres yet :( )... Its been such a breath of fresh air!!
So, sorry, got off track talking about myself, but just wanted to let you know, I love this post because I'm feeling the exact same thing right now, and so happy for your family! :)
PS-Fun park afternoon!

Sabrina said...

YAY!!!! We can be rejoicing together! Isn't it amazing how all of a sudden after searching you just "know"! It just seemed effortless all of a sudden for us. Instead of forcing our way to meet people, connect, serve it just sort of happened!! Yay God:):) Thanks for sharing that I'm so glad for you guys!

xoxo
**ps Colorado is waiting for you guys to come & visit; anytime:)!!

Sharri said...

Haha - Funny you should mention that... We were just talking about, if Tommy gets this job he's been interviewing for, that we should treat ourselves to a little winter vacation, so, of course, Colorado came up! Airfare, from here to there, is insanely cheap right now! So, we'll keep you posted! :)

Sabrina said...

FUN! FUN! FUN! WE'd LOVE it:)... Have a GREAT holiday weekend!

xo