Happy Weekend!
Friday, April 1, 2011
i LOVE grocery shopping!
First to those that are following my crazy roller coaster of emotions and praying for me, supporting me and leaving me comments, emails & voicemails... THANK YOU!!! from the bottom of my heart. It is a tough season and some days are definitely better than others but as I've said I'm just sort of laying it all out there and saying, "Here I am!" so thanks all for loving me through it! Ok now on to the title of my post:).... I know some of you are thinking I'm crazy. Maybe some of you are thinking, "you love it because you only have ONE child"LOL:)! But honestly there is something about menu planning, taking inventory of my refrigerator & pantry and then writing a list and checking off that list as I shop. Emma Grace & I actually do have a ball while doing it too; I think because I'm in a good mood while shopping that in turn makes her giggle and often say, "Oh mama:)!" So they recently opened a Sunflower Market (http://www.sfmarkets.com/) near me. I believe it's a Boulder based company so I don't think they are in Cali but basically it's whole foods meets traders meets sprouts. I really love it. The closest one before was in Boulder and now there is one a couple of miles away. Anyway, that is where we go for our produce and then dare I say, I can't believe it but we get most of our groceries at wal mart! Never thought I'd say that statement:) just because in OC I think there might be one in Foothill Ranch or something but I don't think I ever stepped foot in one until I lived in WA; LOL! Anyway LOVE, love Wal Mart and so does our household budget:):). Anyway crossing off my list, getting the best bargains/prices; I don't know I love it. THEN you get to come home and ORGANIZE!! Well let's just say that's the highlight of my day. I'm not even kidding; organizing my refrig, getting my pantry in order, replacing empty for full, breaking down boxes for recycle... I don't know people it's a high, LOL! Are you embarrassed to know me yet:). OK so there is something about this whole process that I loathe!! Emptying the car and carrying all the grocery bags inside (especially now that I have Emma Grace, a little tricky to say the least:) but honestly even that doesn't stop me from LOVING the end result of full refrigerator, full pantry, organized and ready to cook, snack and eat! It also gives me a new sense of healthy eating, ya know? With all the fresh produce lining the countertops and drawers of your refrigerator! So obviously I went grocery shopping today and it put me in a better mood for a bit. I always do feel more complete and "put together" so to speak when everything is brimming to the top with foods for us and Emma! Ok well there was no real reason for this post other than to say; "Hopefully you still love me after this embarrassing post!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
OMG! Where is my best friend and what have you done with her. That was fricking hysterical. I secretly love grocery shopping. However your enthusiasm puts me to shame! Loving you!
Yea ummm I need some of that, I think it is something I so hate. But I do love every once in a while a deep cleaning of my house. I guess I get a high from that. So we all have our little things right!
Post a Comment