Tuesday, March 29, 2011
2 steps forward, 1 step back
Do you ever feel like that? Especially when you are in a season of trial or storm? I have just felt so encouraged lately with the season I'm in. I have felt that through all my support, my quiet times with the Lord, my friendships, my attitude that "things" have gotten better and then you have "ONE OF THOSE DAYS!" and it all just gets thrown out the window. I'm not comfortable going into to much detail but I just wanted to post about those times when you are just having a crapola day... for lack of a better word:)! I think sometimes when I'm going through valleys, trials, seasons; whatever you choose to call those trying times in your life that I focus so hard on getting out of the muck and being truly sympathetic to whomever or whatever I'm struggling with that when I do feel anger or frustration (even if for very valid reasons) I don't allow myself to feel them. Well guess what after a very exhausting and emotional weekend it's as if I just couldn't hold it together anymore and just had a really raw and emotional couple of days. It's hard when you are feeling lonely through all of that as well. My word for the year is authentic! You will be sick or are already sick of that word if you have chatted with me for more than 5 minutes lately because it truly is my word to live by right now:). I am just craving to be authentic; real. I want to be transparent in the good times and bad. And right now it's one of those "bad" times. This morning I woke up just saying, "breathe for me today Lord because I don't think I can do it myself" I feel overwhelmed, beat up and just plain exhausted! Thank God that he meets us wherever we are because my journaling time & quiet time with him today was great. It was just nice to be still, to just write/journal about how I'm honestly feeling and how I'm honestly overwhelmed and just sad. So with that said I am feeling a bit more refreshed after just listening to some encouraging music and have the Lord meet me and comfort me right where I am today. So if you think about it or if you feel so called I would LOVE your prayers right now as I am just weary & exhausted and having moments of frustration & hopelessness. Prayer for strength as a mommy, that I may have strength to keep her days positive and fulfilling. Thanks everyone who's been leaving me comments, or emailing or calling me about my posts. I want you to know that just knowing someone is reading this stuff that is coming from my heart & soul makes me feel supported. So if you are reading this and not commenting PLEASE leave me a quick hello to say you were here! ** took a break from my "praying" challenge today:)!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I love you. I just wanted to point out something I said to myself last year in regards to your title. If you are taking two steps forward and one back you are still making progress and going forward. You are not alone. There are a million people out there who love you. I wish I lived closer so I could come over and watch Dr. Phil with you. I don't know why I always refer to him. I don't even like the man.
Wish I could have you over for a chat- want to jump on a plane? :) Praying for you as the Lord directs.
XOXO! L
You have friends all over the globe praying for you!
Wish I had read this a little sooner... prayers for you now!
Hang in there girl! Praying . . .
I have those days more than I would like to. It is those days that allow you to let go of whatever it is that you are struggling with and move forward. God does not expect us to be happy all the time. He shares our joy and our tears. I love you friend!
Thanks you all! I feel your prayers & support; very much appreciated. And to those of you who asked... YES I wish I could jump on a plane and see you face to face and connect!!
Post a Comment