Monday, March 28, 2011

Challenge Updates & Green Smoothies!

All I can say is WOW right now... I am just so encouraged, challenged and excited with how God is using this time of praying for Chris. When I started I basically was just getting encouraged by the fact that no matter how big or how small the loss in your relationship is or has been that when we have faith God will restore all that has been devoured or destroyed. I absolutely LOVE that picture of restoration. Also as I may have mentioned I'm taking my leading of what to pray for and how from the book "Power of a Praying Wife". I went through this book our first year of marriage (which let's face it was the honeymoon phase AND 12 years ago) so it's been a while:).... but now it is amazing to read it again and read some of my underlines or comments from back then and to see WOW life sure is...... LIFE!! for lack of a better word. Back then at the "beginning" you just don't know do you?:)! And I'm not saying now is "worse" it's just different and more intense in my opinion. It's also an amazing opportunity for closer intimacy through God. What I mean by that is that no matter how much our marriage has been pushed or pulled in the season we are in; by fervently and purposefully praying for Chris and our marriage I feel closer to him in only ways that God can bring. It's truly amazing! Also I've been chalenged by the word FAITH. We hear it alot and it is a word that gets thrown around often, so as I've been going through the first couple days of this 30 day challenge to pray faith has definitely been spoken of alot. And after looking up the definition some of the challenges and commands mean so much more; for example:
* You have to have FAITH that whatever has been eaten away in your marriage/relationship can be restored.

*We have FAITH that when we pray for restoration that God WILL answer it

* FAITH that we have authority over the enemy when we pray.

Faith defined is:

trust or confidence, belief that is not based on proof, in truth or in loyalty. So those are a few things that I've been challenged with and also excited about as I dive into this incredible 30 day challenge to pray; thanks for listening to my update:)...


Ok on to GREEN SMOOTHIES! So as mom's we are all in the same boat of wanting to provide more nutrition or whatnot for our kids well to that I say... Good Luck!!:) No I'm just kidding but you have to admit that sometimes it's just hard to feed them the "right things" when they just don't want it or as we call it in our house "a hunger strike"! That's where Emma Grace decides that she will eat pasta (or whatever she chooses for that day or week) for breakfast, lunch & dinner and she doesn't want ANYTHING else!! Yikes! So with that said I know that she enjoys smoothies. Tuesday & Wednesday mornings I drive into Boulder for MOPS & bible study and have to be there by 9am (you know what I'm talking about mom's) and getting breakfast in her is kind of a joke before we head out the door. So we have gotten into the habit on those mornings that while we are driving she is comfortably eating/drinking her smoothly as we drive. It makes for a nutritious, quick & pretty easy meal that's portable. Well a friend from MOPS who is also a nutritionist suggested a GREEN SMOOTHIE to that I said, HUH? Basically now I add spinach leaves to her drinks. I know it sounds weird/maybe you already do this but try it (especially if your babies like smoothies) here's what I put in mine.


*My measurements are approx. I eyeball it in my blender*

1 cup yogurt (I've switched to lowfat most of the time I use Vanilla)

1 cup orange juice

1 banana

1/2 cup(ish) of frozen fruit (typically whatever I have but I usually buy the humongo mixed frozen fruit of peaches, strawberries,pineapples,mangos)

1/3 cup(ish) of small spinach leaves


Honestly I'm telling you it's not half bad and you really can't taste the spinach. But I am a true believer because I just threw the spinach container away which means Emma Grace ate an entire container of spinach in a week and a half! Pretty good!


5 comments:

nate and louise johnson said...

Loving your blogs lately- feel like I get a REAL glimpse into your life and feel connected to you. :)

Don't know if I can pass a green smoothie off with the big girls, but it's worth a try!

Katie said...

I am ALL about smoothies for the kids, especially my pickier eaters. You can sneak a LOT of veggies in there. :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Adam Sarah Parker said...

Parker used to eat any smoothie I would make and I would put anything and everything in them just because he would eat them. But he got a little wise and now will only drink the pink ones with strawberries and bananas. So it was nice while it lasted.

Cary said...

Love the idea of spinach in the smoothies! I am all about hiding veggies, however, here I cannot find as many things to hide because I do not have my blender/food processor yet (it's in a boat somewhere).