I am in a season of being "pruned" or stripped. I truly feel that. Without delving into details; just feeling as though the Lord has been "pruning" things/people/relationships/things I thought were from him out of my life. I have never felt so alone & raw. I feel stripped.... stripped of comforts and the things/people that have always been there. Everything from the literal to theoretical; from broken relationship (some trying to mend, some not) to LOTS of people physically moving away. It has been super rough. But over & over again God continues to surround me with his peace! his comfort! his people! and say Trust me above all else! Lean on me above all else! and I'm telling you in the weirdest way possible I have never felt such freedom, peace and true joy. He shows me everday that in his timing, in his words and in his spirit is when things work out for the good. I stumbled on Jeremiah 29:11 the other day during one of my quiet times and it just stood out more than it ever has before...
For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord,
plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future"
It's one of those verses right now that brings me a sense of living in the now, a sense of being authentic. I know that right now, this season as tough as it may be and as stripped as I feel everyday of things that I thought were there forever or for a reason I know that his plans are to give me HOPE & a FUTURE! It's amazing just typing those two words I'm able to take a relaxing and peaceful deep breathe!
I know that I have friends close & far that are dealing with a lot of different storms; loss of loved ones, job losses, family moves, confusion, doubt, financial, realtionships, etc... Some talked about, some not. I just want to encourage you in saying that you are not alone. Not only are there many of us that are walking right along with you but there is a God that loves you deeply & unconditionally.
I want to acknowledge that we lost an amazing women 6 days ago named Barb Evans!
She was a warrior for Christ, a warrior for her children and an amazing wife & friend!
Her spirit and passion for life, ministry and family will be dearly missed,
she is now dancing in heaven with her savior!
Please pray for her husband Dan and their children Caleb & Audrey.
2 comments:
Jeremiah... Oh Jeremiah... That's one of my favorite verses, Sabrina. One of my favorite "nuggets" someone told me long ago is that He said He would be a lamp unto our FEET. Not 5 miles ahead. ;) And there is always, always hope... and there is always, always a future in Christ. ~JH
Hey:) thanks for commenting & visiting! So true about the lamp unto our feet, or I've also used the "gives us our daily bread" not enough for the whole week or month our daily bread! Thanks again for stopping by...
Post a Comment