Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Pity party

Do you ever just work yourself up into a pity party? I have no idea where it's coming from or even what I'm feeling I'm just feeling sort of overwhelmed at the moment. Which is turning into a pity party; does that even make sense? Oh poor readers of my blog now it is just turning into a venting space for me:) I apologize ahead of time!
I just feel like life is changing, shifting... I don't just mean for me either. I just feel that in conversations with people who are moving, having babies, losing jobs, dealing with loss that life jsut feels like it is shifting and moving. One thing that I have learned about myself that I am trying to work on is my flexibility in the midst of change or lack thereof; LOL!! I like things where they go, how they go and when they are suppose to go according to my plans and my ideals. WOW could that sound any more "normal" but any further from what God continues to say in his word...
  • Many are the plans in a person's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails. Proverbs 19:21
  • The Lord almighty has sworn,"Surely, as I have planned, so it will be, and as I have purposed, so it will happen." Isaiah 14:24
I take comfort in knowing that God loves me unconditionally, with me through very lonely moments of life and that he has worked out an amazing plan for me if I just trust/have faith and follow him. He has shown through different trials & triumphs in my life the amazing magnitude of his miracles and how detailed and well thought out his plans ar for me but yet again I sort of fall into this pity party/waiting period of my life where it's hard to trust something that you cannot see. I can't see the end right now BUT I do feel the peace, the comfort and the love that is shown through God's word and God's people!
Well thanks for letting me have a bit of a venting session and quiet time right here on my blog. What do you do when you find yourself having a pity party??

No comments: