I could hardly wait to sit down at my computer and post this blog, I am taking a 30 day challenge to pray for my husband! I truly believe that there is power in prayer and I want to see what that power will yield with a praying wife. I am seriously so excited I can't type fast enough. I'm excited to see what God does, to see how he changes me in the process and to see the fruits in Chris' life and in our marriage..... Ok so let me back up a bit and share with you where this is coming from. I shared a bit about one of the things that rocked this season in life was the unsuccessful transfer that we had in October (2010). That not only rocked my world but it also rocked Chris' world (understandably) and our marriage (understandably again). Through this season as I've shared there has definitely been some hurt, loneliness and pain which in turn is hurt loneliness and pain that both of us are feeling. If I pray for myself and not for him, I will never find the blessings and fulfillment I want. What happens to him happens to me and I can't get around that.... When a man marries, he leaves his father and mother and becomes one with his wife. Matthew 19:5
So today I am taking a 30 day challenge to deeply, richly, fervently and specifically pray for Chris! Pray for our marriage! and in the process pray for the Lord to change me, mold me and use me in his life.
Looking back over the last 5-7 years dealing with all things infertility, focusing on growing our family, getting some devestating news in 2007 to finally being blessed with a pregnancy and gorgeous daughter in 2009; it has been a rollercoaster to say the least. As I look back I notice pieces of me being left behind at certain points of that journey.... What is your plan Lord? Am I meant to be (fill in the blank; mom, working wife, etc...)? Am I pregnant this month? Should I pursue this passion or put it on hold? Should we move to suburbs? City? Getting angry with the Lord; all these things slowly but surely created a void/voids in my life and left me not quite whole.... One of the greatest gifts you can give you husband is your own wholeness! The most effective tool in transforming him may be your own transformation!
I feel excited and challenged today about taking this 30 day journey of praying for Chris about his work, his temptations, his fears, his protection, his purpose, his choices, his fatherhood, his past, his self image, his faith, his future (and many more:). I want to challenge you to love on your husband in a mighty and miraculous way and give him the greatest love language there is and PRAY FOR HIM! I mean really pray for him in every detail and in every hurt and triumph.
Our marriage has been rocked, shocked and pushed since our failed transfer in October but in reality since we began our infertility journey 6+ years ago. The Lord has put marriages, Chris and particularly our marriage on my heart so I am going to cling to this promise and if there is anything that the devil has tried to take from your relationship I hope that you will cling to it too.
As I pray I will have faith that He will restore all that has been devoured, destroyed and eaten away from my/all marriage(s)!
"I will restore to you the years that the swarming locust has eaten."
Joel 2:25
I hope this post in all honesty will encourage you and challenge you to pray! First pray for your heart to be pure of hurt or resentment, pray for a change in you to be softened and then a prayer for him and his life. I will be praying for your marriages and that they stay love filled and transparent to one another and to Christ! Thanks for listening today; I will keep you posted as I begin this amazing and exciting journey!!
* Excerpts were taken out of Power of a Praying Wife by: Stormie Omartian
3 comments:
I am totally in!! I will be starting on Monday. Prayer truly works miracles.
Oh wow shell! yay that is so cool... well keep me posted. Thanks for reading & commenting:) xo
I just finished a 35 days of prayer yesterday and one of the things I was focusing on was my marriage. I prayed everyday for me to be able to see my husband the way God sees him... it helped A LOT!
Can't wait to see all the great things that come from this time!
Post a Comment