So FROM NOW ON.... I will write authentically! I will write from my heart. Sometimes it will be deep, sometimes it won't:) but regardless I just want to have a place to share and encourage.So to start this "real" road right now I wanted to write about life as it is in the now. Life right now is difficult; to say the least. Life right now is confusing and filled with pain & loneliness. Now I don't write this to get sympathy or reaction I just write this to be true to where God has me right now. He has me in a storm and I am working very hard to be authentic through it! If you were to ask me how life is my answer would be, "pretty rough" if you were to ask me how I am doing personally I would have to say, "I really am okay"! The reason..... a resounding; no doubt about it; the peace from the Lord that surpasses ALL understanding, even my own. He is carrying me through a rough & lonely road and I know without a shadow of a doubt that he has a plan and a purpose for this season of life.
Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen!
1 Peter 5: 6&7, 10&11
So there it is folks; I am not great at being raw, shaken or authentically truthful with where I am in life. But not only is this season filled with uncertainty and fear it is filled with the holy spirit! It is filled with the Lord and his grace, his mercy and his daily bread. I learn everyday through this season that he is there no matter what. For the first time in my life instead of going to people or things first for comfort, for reassurance I now turn to the Lord in all his mighty glory and in all his promises he says that he will be there to hold me when I cry, when I laugh, when I'm lonely or when I'm just frustrated! God is good and I know he is the Lord of the details and I am resting in that daily.
I would love for you to listen to this song that truly defines where I am right now! It's difficult for me to listen to it these days without shedding a tear (or many) BUT...
I am in love with what it says, how it says it and how I hold dear many of the lyrics like,
"every tear I've cried you hold in your hands"
"though my heart is torn I will praise you in this storm"
Prayers are always welcome and I would love to hear if these words that God filled me with today have encouraged you.
Until next time...
4 comments:
I will being praying for you. I love your honesty and willingness to share. It encourages me that I am not alone. Thank you very much. I love you friend:)
Oh So agree! I love that song, I have heard it a million times and never truly thought about the words. WOW! Thank you so much for sharing!!
Miss you, Sabrina! Thanks for sharing. I look forward to reading.
Ahhh, that song has cause many a tear from these eyes! It's so true though, we have to praise Him through these times. God is good ALWAYS.
I am so glad that you are blogging in such a raw way now. I think great thing will come from this. Opening your heart can bring some pain but more often brings great joy and comfort from the least likely places.
xoxo
Post a Comment