I can't believe it's been one month! Well actually 5 weeks but I've been a little busy:)... Well I can honestly say that the first 4 weeks were nothing like I expected; they were super difficult, emotionally, physically, everything! I knew it would be hard but WOW! It's a wonder why people have two and three kids... but here is my theory on it. So the first few months of pregnancy I remember feeling tired and completely ill every second; just nauseous and icky! and again I thought I will never do this again. Now I barely remember those first few weeks and am already missing being pregnant. So that's what I think about the first 4 weeks of bringing your baby home; tired, exhausted, recovering, emotional. At a time when you need the most sleep is the time when you are not getting any:). But now we're a little past 5 weeks and I'm just so in love with her and have turned this corner to absolutely loving every moment. She is sleeping through the night a minimum of 5 hours (last night 7 hours; thank you Lord!) and getting out and running errands with her, etc... so I can see with everything there is this rough start/adjustment period but then the heavens open, light shines in:) and you just start enjoying... now I feel addicted to this little girl:) I can't imagine not having another or 10.... no just kidding:)! She's just so stinkin' cute! Anyway that's my theory on why people do have more but boy oh boy those first few weeks I thought my friends were crazy:)!
Well Miss Emma is doing fabulous! As I said as of last weekend we pulled the middle of the night feeding and let her sleep, sleep, sleep and she made it 5 hours her first night... wow that was a gift; Chris & I didn't know what to do with ourselves:). She's eating fantastic, she is gaining weight. She had her first months check up and her first shot:( and passed it all with flying colors. We are all doing great and I wanted to share some pictures!
At her 1 month she was 21 inches & 9lbs. 5oz.
Daddy & Emma hanging out!
More alert everyday!...
1st outing with Mom (to Target of course:)This was taken 5 days ago... the big 5 weeks!
2 comments:
I completely agree with your theory!! And I was so worried that in forgetting those rough parts, I would also forget the good parts during that time, but have no fear, your brain will (somehow!) hold on to all of the cuddles and coos! It's a nice reminder, as right now we're going through potty training, and I am, once again, asking myself how do people ever do this more than once?!
Okay, and Emma's just getting more and more beautiful every day! That little girl just does not want to miss a thing - look at her taking everything in!
Lastly, congrats on the sleep! You're around the bend now - it only gets better from here!!
Oh Sabrina, she is precious. And you are spot on with your theory. God gifts us with an ability to forget the rough stuff so we can be blessed all over again!
Love that your first outing was to Target. Can you believe you're a MAMA now?! :)
Post a Comment