Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Ok this is so ridiculous....

Ok so I know this is totally ridiculous BUT just humor me and tell me that I'm not being dumb:).... So one of our neighbors; not really friends but sort of friends, see them at neighborhood parties and such, facebook friends, etc... but otherwise aren't really friends. More like friends of friends.... anyway they just had a little baby boy on Saturday (they already have a little girl 2 1/2 named Shaye) and named him Noah!
Now for those of you that know Chris & I we chose the name Noah for a boy while we were dating. It's just one of those things. I always knew I loved the name Emma Grace BUT we did have to think about it before deciding. On the other hand if Emma would have been a boy there was never a question; Noah was/is our name... so now you see where I'm going with this.
I know we're not super close friends, BUT we do live right next to each other. Everyone in the neighborhood (and we are one tight neighborhood for those paying attention:) will obviously meet and get to know their Noah! I'm just bummed!! Is that stupid? I wouldn't even be AS bummed if we were able to use it first but since we have to look like the copycats (maybe if we ever have a boy) I don't know.... I know ridiculous. I mean my gosh they could move next month, never see them again and no biggie but right now ( I just found out 2 seconds ago through email) so it's a little raw ya know???
Ok here is where you tell me... You're not crazy, Sabrina?:):):) You're not being ridiculous??:):):) I don't know LOVE the name, so excited for them BUT seriously Noah; really?? I rarely hear it and now.... ah geez; oh well:):)
Oh Yeah PS.... Reason for slow blogging lately is that it has been a busy summer for me:) I have repainted the ENTIRE house (xcept for bedrooms & bathrooms), I am in the process of finishing up refinishing a large piece of furniture, we're working on a lighting project for the kitchen and family room, getting carpets cleaned... I think now that I'm home w/ Emma 24/7 and I literally LIVE in this house (you stay at homes know what I mean:) I just wanted/needed a change so hopefully I can get some good pics up of all the crazy work around here. It is far from done and far from over since I am basically doing an entire overhaul of my whole life/house:) but I'll try to get pics up soon. Ok I smell like polyuerethine and paint so the shower beckons!.... thanks for listening to my whining about baby names:)
xo

3 comments:

Sharri said...

Definitely not crazy - I told someone I would never speak to them again if they used my name! It's just one of those things... If you get pregnant with a boy, I'm sorry, you're going to have to move! ;)

PS - Kudos on the house re-do... I've been trying to do that for awhile, and just haven't gotten to it!

Carrie said...

You aren't crazy. A good friend of mine named her daughter Emma. That was going to be our name. Just teasing. You are fine to be irritated. I would be too! We are not telling anyone the name we have picked out for this guy until he's born! That way no crazy neighbors can steal it!

Sabrina said...

Thanks for the "you're not crazy" encouragement. I am feeling better now that the shock has sort of settled in... still a bummer but what are ya gonna do, ya know? Hey our Noah will just be cooler one day; right?:)! JUst Kidding... and Carrie be careful we never told anyone about Noah until now, I almost wish I would have said something a few weeks ago when I saw her at a party then maybe she would have been like Oh yeah lets not take that name we dont want two noah's in the neighborhood?? who knows:):):) Hey good luck w/ the move by the way! Have you guys found a house?

S - I actually think they should move:):):)