Wednesday, June 22, 2011

My heart

Be merciful to me, Lord, for I am faint; O Lord, heal me, for my bones are in agony. My soul is in anguish. How long, O Lord, how long?...
I am worn out from groaning; all night long I flood my bed with weeping and drench my couch with tears. My eyes grow weak with sorrow... psalm 6: 2, 3, 6 & 7

Turn your ear to me, come quickly to my rescue; be my rock of refuge, a strong fortress to save me. Since you are my rock and my fortress, for the sake of your name lead and guide me, Free me from the trap that is set for me, for you are my refuge. Into your hands I commit my spirit; redeem me, O lord, the God of truth.
Be merciful to me, O Lord, for I am in distress; my eyes grow weak with sorrow, my soul and my body with grief. psalm 31: 2-5 & 9

The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles. The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. psalm 34:17 & 18

My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation he is my fortress, I will never be shaken! psalm 62: 1&2

Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my savation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge, Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge. psalm 62: 5-8

When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul. psalm 94:19


I Don't have the words to write about what's going on or where I'm at so I took some verses from my quiet time this morning in hopes that they will convey my heart. Still asking for prayer for what looks like a storm that will not be ending any time soon. As I sit in despair I also rest comfortably in the arms of a God who is faithful, strong & who loves me unconditionally and I am certainly finding some hope & comfort in that!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Praying for you, sweet Sabrina.