Thursday, June 2, 2011

A new chapter!?!

Going back to a blog post a couple of weeks ago just stating that I had been wanting to post but just not quite knowing how or what. I basically have been trying to clearly define where I am. I still feel absolutely 100% in the same "season or storm" BUT definitely beginning a new chapter of it. So here is my best definition:


"I am beginning to cautiously rest in the idea of a rebuilding season instead of a painful and constantly stormy season"


I wrote that at the beginning of May, a couple of weeks after my cry for prayer. I feel like after that specific storm calmed down a different storm would rain down and then a different one and a different one and that went on for a few weeks; then mother's day/ emma grace's birthday it has been a whirlwind month or so of trying to "cautiously rest" in this new season, this new chapter!


I can honestly say that it's as if my life was hit by a tornado and the actual tornado and wreckage lasted 6 months or so and now I am in the process of piecing it all back together. And honestly if you ever talk to an actual tornado survivor I'm sure we'd here that the rebuilding is of course better than the actual tornado; better in the sense of you survived it! you're alive! you're blessed with what little or lot you have left BUT it's still difficult & devastating to look back and remember what you lost and how close you came to not surviving.


I am blessed everyday by my life. I am excited to see all that God has in store for this family and feel privileged to have gone through the "tornado" because I do feel stronger for it. I feel empowered and strengthened by the Holy Spirit and feel a deep down unexplainable peace & joy that was not there before. So as I begin to walk through the debris of rebuilding and begin to cautiously rest in this new chapter I will continue to share with you what the Lord shares with me!


Keep praying and seriously thanks for reading! Please let me know you were here or that you read this because it is my heart and I would love to know who I'm sharing it with;) Thanks!

6 comments:

Katie said...

I'm here, still thinking of and praying for you. ;)

Andrea said...

I'm here, too. Faithfully praying for you, my friend!
Exodus 17:11-13
When you are too tired to pray... I got your back!

Sabrina said...

Thanks Ladies:) love ya!!

The Wallace Clan said...

I'm here too:) I love you very much.

nate and louise johnson said...

Me too!

Sharri said...

Still here & following! :)

Always in our thoughts & prayers! Would love to catch up some time soon (I know, I'm the crazy one - I just can't even put words to the craziness of my life, but working on slowing down, so I'll have to sit & get caught up soon!)

Hugs to all of you! :)