Wednesday, November 18, 2009

THE $10 SQUASH!!

Ok so as you know I am making my own baby food. Well next on the list is butternut squash. Before our morning playgroup I had a quick second to run into Safeway and buy butternut squash; it's my second time looking for it and I was hoping they had it. Because I was in a hurry I didn't even look at the price, what I did notice is that it was in the "organic" section which is usually a bit higher but whatever. With it I purchased two sweet potatoes because I might as well make that at the same time. I go through the checkout and I think I see "$14.97" on the little credit card thingy but that can't be... Running in a hurry, get to the car, put Emma in and then look at the receipt low and behold the $14.97... the squash was $9.98!!!!!! What the heck; it was $1.99 a pound. WOW! 10 bucks, huh?! NO way I can't justify that so that brings me to my question of the day: Where can a girl get a decent butternut squash?, preferrably not $10:)? So I obviously didn't have time before or actually after so tomorrow my big errand is going to have to be returning a squash and finding a cheaper one! Oy Vey; why do these random things happen to me:)!
So regardless of all that Emma Grace is doing fantastic with her veggies. So far she is really liking carrots; although it took her a few days to warm up to the idea. Right now we are just doing nursing & carrots for lunch, no cereal. She just loves the cereal so much that if I try to feed her both she chows the cereal and won't eat the carrots OR won't eat the carrots because she knows cereal is coming! Smart little cookie:).... Anyway thanks for all the input, so far so good!... Now if I could just figure out where to find a butternut squash that won't cost me $10:)LOL!!








1 comment:

Sharri said...

Do you have any Fresh & Easy stores up your way? That's where I used to buy it for Chandler, and they're really decently priced. They have it both whole, and fresh squash already prepped/cubed for you. Fresh & Easy is actually where I buy all of my meat/produce...